- EM’s Sunday Ramble: Back to the NurseryWhat is your first good memory from your childhood? I am not really sure, possibly receiving my ride on A-Team van. Name 3 things that you loved when you were just a youngster? Going to the adventure park, bedtime stories, painting What did you dislike, or even hate, when you were growing up? Long car trips, spiders, schoolContinue reading “EM’s Sunday Ramble: Back to the Nursery”
- RDP: Tick-Tock Goes the ClockWhen I saw this prompt on my feed I instantly thought of the title track of a recent(ish) album by Elvis Costello. The track is “Hey Clockface” and was featured on Jamie Cullum’s Jazz Show on BBC Radio 2 in the run up to its release, which culminated with Cullum interviewing Costello. Now you mayContinue reading “RDP: Tick-Tock Goes the Clock”
- Share Your World 16th May 2022Do you become discouraged by the annual “Blogging Ennui” phenomenon that comes around every year? (it’s early this year IMO) (blogging ennui means (to me) a distinct slow down in writing and participation, which lasts an indefinite period of time). I have no idea what this is, so no. If you were in aContinue reading “Share Your World 16th May 2022”
- Fibbing Friday 13th. How many years bad luck do you get if you break a mirror? According to my sources (Mortica Addams), you get good luck.2. What shouldn’t you walk under? The privvies3. Why are black cats crossing your path considered unlucky? Because I am probably driving and way too many people tailgate, and I will slamContinue reading “Fibbing Friday 13th”
- Upton Jazz Festival 2018: Saturday Part OneAs you can imagine, my Saturday didn’t get off to the best of starts I managed to get a bit of sleep but the need to get to Upton put pay to any lie in, it was this issue which prompted me to book accommodation much nearer Upton for the next festival even if itContinue reading “Upton Jazz Festival 2018: Saturday Part One”
- Tuesday Fun
- WotDC: Fish Fingers & CustardI saw today’s prompt and it reminded me of this little video I made 11 years ago Word of the Day Challenge: Custard
- Share Your World 9th May 2022What two totally normal things become really weird if you do them back to back? Cleaning up after the dog and then cleaning your teeth. What is something that you just recently realized that you are embarrassed by, that you didn’t realize embarrassed you? Nothing off the top of my head If Australia (including NewContinue reading “Share Your World 9th May 2022”
- Just a typical day in a corner shop
Hi, I am Nick. A real ale drinking, Jazz loving, sci-fi fan and wannabe writer.
On this site you will find reviews and thoughts on Jazz and some fiction ideas being jotted down.
Using the UK film rating system, I am classifying this site as 12 rating (the UK version of PG-13) meaning that there may be moderate references to adult activities and language.