- The Monday PeeveThis is another Mrs A post Welcome to my refreshed Monday Peeve! Unburden yourself of an annoyance and you’ll feel better afterward. Or not. Complain in my comments or crab in your own post. Doesn’t have to be on a Monday. You do you. Mrs A here again, and as Sandman so eloquently put itContinue reading “The Monday Peeve”
- Share Your WorldThis week’s post is from Mrs A What are some red flags to watch out for in daily life? As a rather busty woman I have noticed that the bigger red flag on people is not those who look at my chest, but those who insist on hiding it completely. Obviously when I was stillContinue reading “Share Your World”
- TMP: The Dry WellWelcome to my refreshed Monday Peeve! Unburden yourself of an annoyance and you’ll feel better afterward. Or not. Complain in my comments or crab in your own post. Doesn’t have to be on a Monday. You do you. This is not so much a peeve as a statement of facts of sorts. Lately despite havingContinue reading “TMP: The Dry Well”
- Share Your World 8th November 2021How many pillows do you sleep with? If over one or two, is it because you sleep better ‘propped up’ a little? I tend to go with one, but I have four on my bed as a certain canine tends to steal them What would be the worst thing you could put in a piñata?Continue reading “Share Your World 8th November 2021”
- WotD: HistoricalAs long term readers of my previous WordPress will know, one of my favourite TV shows of all time is the British Science Fiction series Doctor Who. What many of you probably didn’t realise was the program started out with a remit to provide education on science and history (hence being a time traveller), asContinue reading “WotD: Historical”
- Halloween CarvesHalloween at the Down has passed, and unusually the staff were allowed to get a little into the spirit (pardon the pun) of the day. A few members dressed up a bit for the occasion, (I did for the evening) and during the week Young Mr Lewis and I started a rudimentary playlist for Halloween.Continue reading “Halloween Carves”
- Share Your World 1st November 2021What was the very first popular song you ever remember taking a liking to? I’m not talking about children’s songs or old traditional songs… but the kind of songs you’d hear on the radio. ♪♫♪♫ I have a horrible feeling that it was either “The Chicken Song” or “(I’ve Never Met) A Nice South African” whichContinue reading “Share Your World 1st November 2021”
- Share Your World 25th October 2021Name something you wouldn’t want to run into in a dark forest or in an abandoned building (yeah it’s a retread. But there are new participants to SYW too who probably never answered it) Very uneven ground as that could lead to possible serious injury and potential risk of exposure. Do you believe in multiple dimensionsContinue reading “Share Your World 25th October 2021”
- Halloween Picks #1As it is Halloween this weekend I am doing a series of lists of recommended viewing or listening fitting for the season. Entry one is episodes from TV Shows. 10. The Avengers: Stay Tuned Now this may seem like an odd choice as it appears to be about memory loss, but it is quite aContinue reading “Halloween Picks #1”
- Fibbing Friday 29th OctoberIt’s just gone five and it is Friday. Do what that means it is time for???? No not Crackerjack! It is Fibbing Friday. Frank is the host with most for today’s spook themed questions. Why does garlic repel vampires? Because they like their food to be incredibly bland. What do you need to kill aContinue reading “Fibbing Friday 29th October”
Hi, I am Nick. A real ale drinking, Jazz loving, sci-fi fan and wannabe writer.
On this site you will find reviews and thoughts on Jazz and some fiction ideas being jotted down.
Using the UK film rating system, I am classifying this site as 12 rating (the UK version of PG-13) meaning that there may be moderate references to adult activities and language.